re•flect ~ri'flekt~ 1 [trans.] (of a surface or body) throw back (heat, light, or sound) without absorbing it • (of a mirror or shiny surface) show an image of • embody or represent (something) in a faithful or appropriate way 2 [intrans.] (reflect on/upon) think deeply or carefully about

Sunday, November 19, 2006

profile pal


I glance across the sea of dark buildings to an island that rises out of the mass. There, the outline of an unfinished structure frames the shape of a man. I smile to think I have akin who also enjoys the peace and solitude of a sunset as the day closes. Although this may be the one thing we share, I feel nearer this silhouette than anyone in Phnom Penh. Presuming we have even more similarities, I wonder if he sees me too and thinks the same (in Khmer). As the lights of the city flicker on, the form of my friend faintly fades until he is no longer visible for all the light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home