re•flect ~ri'flekt~ 1 [trans.] (of a surface or body) throw back (heat, light, or sound) without absorbing it • (of a mirror or shiny surface) show an image of • embody or represent (something) in a faithful or appropriate way 2 [intrans.] (reflect on/upon) think deeply or carefully about

Sunday, January 14, 2007

JWAS in KL


J. WAS in KL (Kuala Lumpur) A parking garage--AWAS means 'careful' in Malaysian. Yes, they use English characters, unlike Cambodia and Thailand.

Returning 'home' from Singapore, I had a stopover in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I did much strolling and wandering around the city streets. I also saw quite a lot of the city from above. I ascended each of the two towers (below), one each day, from where I could observe all 'round the entire city. I took the monorail, also raised above the street, and saw more of the city from yet another angle.


Petronas Twin Towers, the tallest twin towers in the world, and the second tallest architectural structure in the world.


Petronas Tower 1, from the skybridge at level 42


KL Tower (a communications tower)


square on new year's eve (although NOT times square, interestingly, I did stroll past a building called 'times square'), from where i wrote a couple postcards and did some sketching. the KL Tower is in the background (right) and the Petronas Twin Towers are farther away. The clock tower of the parliament building (formerly British) is in the foreground.


on the train back to the airport through the land of mosques and oil palms

1 Comments:

Blogger Christoffer said...

my dad told me those two towers were architectured by an argentine. i bet it was rad to climb them. good square picture.

1:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home