re•flect ~ri'flekt~ 1 [trans.] (of a surface or body) throw back (heat, light, or sound) without absorbing it • (of a mirror or shiny surface) show an image of • embody or represent (something) in a faithful or appropriate way 2 [intrans.] (reflect on/upon) think deeply or carefully about

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Australia


Solo backpacking in Royal National Park (south of Sydney) atop the high cliffs of the Coastal Track. I got there by foot from Avondale College, by train, and by boat. Yay for feet and public transportation.


Taking a break at one of the small beaches.


Exploring an inland forest and lagoon.


God woke me up for this sunrise on my last morning in the park.


On the train back, I stopped for the day in Sydney. This is Sydney Harbour from the bridge.


At the famed Sydney Opera House. I was more impressed by this building than I thought I would be. I like it.


Back at Avondale College with Bryce and Rueben. Crammed in the car with 5 surfboards headed to Soldiers Beach. Good times with Bryce and his friends. It was great to switch roles from teacher back to student for a while.


Sabbath picnic at the lake with the kangaroos at Morisett Mental Hospital.


My indian brother, Laughing Wind and I. Lot of laughs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christoffer said...

looks like a rad time indeed. sunrise is spectacular. haha, sucker, having to drag your backpack all over. :) kangaroos: sweet. (in real life. double sweet.) seeing westernized folks and your indian friend, what was it, breaking wind? again: very nice. i liked san antonio better than i thought i would, too. quaint little city.

indeed, it seems your down under travels were swell. wanna go again?

2:19 PM

 
Blogger Christoffer said...

ps: no offense to bryce. i was a jerk and don't even hardly know him. ... my bad

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Christoffer said...

Pss: of course, it was all in good fun. understood, right? :)

2:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home